North Dakota Fine Art Portraiture

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Nelson Family - Missoula, Montana

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
- C. S. Lewis 

I met the Nelson family at a playgroup I started to meet other moms in 2010 and Krystal and I clicked right away. I instantly felt like I could trust her, and for a while we swapped babysitting of our two kiddos. Since then, we've become much closer. And I mean that in the most literal sense imaginable. 

When my daughter came 3 weeks early in September, it was Krystal who was right by my side when no one else was able to be with me. It was Krystal who took me to my last appointment, who walked a few miles with me that evening, who insisted on making me stay at her home because of how far I was progressed, who was up with me at 2am when I went into instant and fast labor, and who held my hair, massaged my back, and encouraged me through an intense and fast delivery. Elina will always know her as Aunty Krystal.

 It takes a truly special person to put the needs of others so far ahead of their own, and Krystal selflessly gives herself to everyone and everything, and I am so thankful to call her my friend. It's more than that though, everyone in her family has been so welcoming to mine, they really feel more like family. I am missing them something awful here in North Dakota, but I know we'll stay close, despite the miles, and I look forward to our visits back to Missoula to see them!












~ Lexi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Tangled Roots Photography, AllRightsReserved.